COVID-19 SOP in Assam: Offices, businesses allowed to operate till 8 pm
Night curfew will continue from 9pm to 5am across all districts in Assam. Check out what's allowed.
As the COVID-19 situation in the state showed improvement in terms of caseload and positivity rate, the Assam government has issued a new set of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
In the new COVID-19 SOP issued on Wednesday, night curfew will continue from 9pm to 5am across all districts.
All workplaces and business, commercial establishments, takeaway of food items from restaurants, dhabas, and other eateries. Shops dealing with groceries, fruits and vegetables, dairy and milk booths, animal fodder and the opening of sale counters, showrooms, etc. of cold storage and warehouses will remain open till 8 pm, the government guidelines stated.
Check out what's allowed:
- Dine-in restaurants, dhabas, and other eateries will be allowed to function with 50 per cent seating capacity till 8 pm.
- Intra-district and inter-district passenger transport with 100 per cent seating capacity allowed for passengers having at least a single dose of vaccine. No standing passenger will be allowed. Heavy fines will be imposed on such passengers and the driving license of drivers/registration of vehicles carrying standing passengers will be cancelled in the event of carrying standing passengers, it stated.
- Auto rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis can operate for passengers with 100 per cent seating capacity and observance of COVID-19 appropriate behaviour for passengers with at least single-dose vaccine. Pillion riding is allowed with at least a single vaccinated person and compulsory wearing of a mask.
- The physical classes for the postgraduate, graduate, higher secondary, final year to be allowed for students having at least a single-dose vaccine. However, students of Class XII who are below 18 years of age and if not vaccinated should be allowed to attend physical classes. There should not be more than 30 students in a section, it stated, adding that the schools are allowed to open for the first three days only for vaccination of students, teachers and staff.
- Hostels of the educational institutions are allowed to open only for the postgraduate, graduate and higher secondary final year students with fully vaccinated residents.
- Physical classes of GNM/Nursing courses and that of technical institutions will also be allowed with at least single-dose vaccinated pupils, teachers and support staff.
- Meeting/gathering at any open or closed spaces is allowed up to 50 single-dose vaccinated persons subject to prior intimation to local police. However, with prior permission of jurisdictional DC for maximum gathering of 200 single-dose vaccinated persons may be allowed both for public and private functions, which will also be applicable for closed venues with a further ceiling of 50 per cent of the hall capacity.
- Public gathering is allowed for up to 50 single-dose vaccinated persons for marriages/funerals/last rite programme.
- Religious places are allowed to open with up to 40 single vaccinated persons per hour at iconic places and 20 single vaccinated persons per hour for other religious places.
- Cinema/Theatre Halls will continue to remain closed till further notice.
In case test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches more than 10 cases in the last seven days, jurisdictional District Magistrate will notify such areas as total containment zones and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19, it stated.
On Wednesday, Assam reported 573 new COVID-19 cases with the overall positivity rate of 0.72 per cent.
The number of COVID-19 confirmed cases in Assam reached 5,80,657, including 5,66,101 recovered cases, 5,502 deaths, three migrated cases and 7,707 active cases, according to the state COVID-19 dashboard.