Manipur's COVID-19 death toll mounts to 1,700, positive caseload surges to 1,07,668
Manipur on Saturday reported 439 new COVID-19 positive cases and nine more deaths.
Manipur continued to witness a drop in the daily COVID-19 positive cases as it recorded 439 new COVID-19 positive cases on Saturday, pushing the state's tally to 1,07,668, while the death toll mounted to 1,700 with nine more fatalities, according to the latest update by the state health department. The positivity rate is 12.6 per cent, while the country's daily positivity rate stood at 1.73 per cent currently.
Of the nine COVID-19 fatalities recorded on Saturday, five deaths were reported from Imphal West, one each from Imphal East and Tamenglong and two deaths from Thoubal, according to a release issued by the state COVID-19 Common Control Room.
It stated stated that of the nine deaths, eight persons had co-morbidities and only one of them were vaccinated with 1st dose.
Imphal West and Imphal East continued to report the highest number of new COVID-19 positive cases with 164 and 88 cases respectively. Fifty-three are from Bishnupur, 33 from Churachandpur, 19 from Kakching, 14 each from Kangpokpi and Thoubal, 26 from Pherzawl, seven from Ukhrul, five each from Noney and Tamenglong, four from Senapati, two each from Jiribam, Kamjong and Tengnoupal and one from Chandel.
All necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place, it stated.
The state also recorded 573 new recoveries, taking the cumulative number of recovered cases to 99,440.
The recovery rate reached 92.35 per cent, the release added.
Manipur now has 6,528 COVID-19 active cases, as per the release.
Meanwhile, a total of 1,529 D-type Oxygen Cylinders and 417 B-type Oxygen cylinders have been made available to different health institutions and health facilities of Manipur in the last 24 hours.
As per the latest update, the total number of people who have been administered vaccine had reached 14,35,320 (first dose: 11,65,747 and second dose: 2,69,537).
Vacant Beds in nine hospitals of Manipur
According to the release, there are 163 vacant general beds and 68 ICU/HDU beds of COVID-19 in nine hospitals of Manipur.
1. In ILAND Hospital (Contact No. 9540404955/ 7085206820) there are 11 vacant general beds
2. In MSF, Little flower (Contact No. 9311222947) there are three vacant general beds and eight ICU/HDU beds
3. In CMC, Koirengei (Contact No. 9612636004/9612905628), there are 30 vacant general beds and six ICU/HDU beds
4. In Iboyaima Hospital, Singjamei (Contact No.7005436870/ 9612022125), there are 20 vacant general beds and one ICU/HDU beds
5. In Jivan Hospital, Kakching (Contact No. 9366034272/ 7085348366) there are 12 vacant general beds and eight ICU/HDU beds
6. In Shija Hospital (Contact No. 7005097688/7005125158), there are 10 vacant general beds and 14 ICU/HDU beds
7. In Raj Medicity (Contact No.7005105552/9366496411), there are 48 vacant general beds and 17 ICU/HDU beds
8. In RIMS (Contact No. 7640862396), there are 15 vacant general beds and 13 ICU/HDU beds
9. In JNIMS (Contact No. 8131855346), there are 14 general beds and one ICU/HDU
For information about CHIC (Community Home Isolation Centres), the general public can contact deputy director of Health and CHIC (in-charge) Dr L Somorendro at mobile phone number: 9402723243, the release added.
Vacant beds in Covid Care Centre
According to a release, of the total 3,547 beds available in all the district Covid Care Centres of Manipur, the total number of vacant beds as on Saturday are 2,330.
Imphal East (Bal Bhawan, NSU, Standard College, AYUSH Hospital) has 194 vacant beds
Imphal West(LKK, RD Wing, MU Hostels, NIT) - 680
Thoubal - 270
Bishnupur - 64
Kakching - 53
Churachandpur - 125
Pherzawl - 38
Senapati - 200
Tengnoupal - 15
Jiribam - 53
Noney - 29
Kangpokpi - 55
Tamenglong - 250
Chandel - 61
,Ukhrul - 62
Kamjong - 181