Aadhaar-bank Linking: Now check status online; here's how
Aadhaar-bank linking is necessary to avoid any unwanted interruptions in banking.
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced that Aadhaar card holders can now verify Aadhaar-bank linking status online if the mobile number is linked with your Aadhaar. Aadhaar-bank linking is necessary to avoid any unwanted interruptions in banking.
It is also mandatory to link one's aadhaar with bank account to avail government schemes, including Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana benefit, LPG subsidy, among others.
Another benefit of linking Aadhaar with one's bank account is that it can be used as a valid Know your Customer (KYC) document to open a bank account. Therefore, it is necessary to know one's Aadhaar-bank linking status.
Here's how to check Aadhaar-bank linking status online:
- Go to resident.uidai.gov.in/bank-mapper
- enter the 12-digit Aadhaar number
- Enter the security code
- You'll get an OTP on your registered mobile number
- Now enter the OTP and click on 'submit'
- Your Aadhaar bank account link status will appear on the screen