Yaoshang Festival 2021: Manipur government issues advisory, prohibits road blockade for monetary subscriptions
The Manipur government has issued COVID-19 preventive measures to be followed during the Yaoshang festival celebration in the state. Know the 15 preventive points to follow.
The Manipur directorate of health services and directorate of youth affairs and sports on Thursday issued an advisory on preventive measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 during Yaoshang festival celebrations in the state.
According to the advisory, the pandemic is still not over and such celebrations can be “super spreader” events if proper preventive measures are not taken.
Yaoshang Festival 2021 Advisory | 15 Preventive Points
1. Road blockade enforced, with or without ropes, for monetary subscriptions will not be allowed.
2. Spraying or applying colours on others will not be allowed.
3. Movement of overcrowded vehicles will not be allowed
4. Four wheeler vehicles will carry only four persons
5. Two wheelers can carry not more than two persons during Yaoshang
6. Overcrowding of vehicles will not be allowed at oil pumps for refueling
7. All forms of sports events that involve contact between people like three legged race, cock fighting, wrestling, boxing among others should not be organised
8. Separate entry and exit points should be maintained in the entire sports arena
9. All participants and spectators should wear face masks and maintain social distancing throughout the event, it directed.
10. Sports organisers must ensure availability of hand washing facilities or hand sanitisers, face masks among others during the sports events
11. Spitting is strictly prohibited in and around the playfield and workout areas
12. All sports events/competitions/prize distributions will not be allowed after 6 pm on all days
13. The size of the crowd or gathering should be restricted to a maximum of 100 persons at all times
14. Every club or organising committee should have a dedicated COVID-19 Task Team to regulate the advisory during the event hours and display the COVID-19 emergency/helpline numbers which are 1800-3453818, 104 (Manipur Mental Health Helpline) and 0385-2414009
15. During the torch lighting relay carried out to inaugurate the sports events, social distancing should be maintained and a maximum of 20 persons will be allowed inside Kangla for getting the torch.