Manipur Assembly passes Rs 3999.23 crore grants
The Manipur Legislative Assembly on Friday passed grants for seven demands while the state government introduced eight bills in the House.
The Manipur Legislative Assembly on Friday passed grants for seven demands amounting to Rs 39,992,327,000.
The grants for seven demands were passed on the eighth day of the ongoing budget session of the 11th Manipur Legislative Assembly.
The demands include grants of Rs 2345,79,50,000 for Police, Rs 760,98,66,000 for Public Works Department, Rs 5,99,67,000 for Vigilance and Anti-corruption Department, Rs 30,65,96,000 for Fire Protection and Control, Rs 33,43,37,000 for Jails, Rs 47,97,20,000 for Home Guards, Rs 774,38,91,000 for Minorities and Other Backward Classes and Scheduled Castes Department.
The state government introduced eight bills on the floor of the House during day eigth of the session.
1. The Manipur Conservation of Paddy Land and Wetland (Amendment) Bill, 2021
2. The Manipur Liquor Prohibition (Third Amendment)Bill, 2021
3, The Manipur Industrial Single Window Clearance Bill, 2021
4. The Manipur Public Services Delivery Guarantee Bill, 2021
5. The Manipur Official Language (Amendment) Bill, 2021
6. The Manipur Oil Palm (Regulation of Production and Processing) Bill, 2021
7. The Manipur Legislature (Removal of Disqualifications) (Fifth Amendment) Bill, 2021
8. The Court Fees (Manipur Amendment) Bill, 2021
According to the provisional schedule, the sitting of the House will be adjourned on February 16 at 11 am.
On Thursday, the house passed grants for six demands amounting to Rs 7057,03,47,000. The grants include Rs 82,16,82,000 for Consumer Affairs and Public Distribution; Rs 377,60,72,000 for Agriculture; Rs 236,49,59,000 for Animal Husbandry and Veterinary, including Dairy Farming; Rs 5088,73,71,000 for Community and Rural Development; Rs 809,28,27,000 for Planning and Rs 383,74,36,000 for Tourism.