Manipur: Fire destroys properties worth Rs 15 lakh in Thoubal
The cause of the fire is suspected to be an electric short circuit.
Properties worth around Rs 15 lakh were burnt down in a fire that broke out at Thoubal Achouba Pakhang khong lane under Thoubal Police station on Tuesday morning.
The ill-fated house belonged to one Ningombam Ingo, 55, son of late Yaiskul.
The incident took place at around 10.30 am. No injuries have been reported in the incident.
"Properties worth Rs 15 lakh have been turned into ashes. The burnt properties included household items, furniture, clothes, Rs 50,000 cash and a bundle of Rs 500 notes," reports received from the spot said.
Two fire tender vehicles were pressed into service to douse the fire. People from the locality also rushed to the spot and help to control the fire, the reports said.
The cause of the fire is suspected to be an electric short circuit which originated from a rice cooker, the reports added.