Aloe Vera, the long-leaved cactus plant in your garden holds the secrets to beauty and healthcare. Sometimes called a ‘wonder plant’, Aloe Vera is currently more popular than ever. It is not only known for its amazing benefits but also for its decorative uses and medicinal properties. The plant and its extracts can be used in a number of ways in food, cosmetics, and herbal remedies. Aloe Vera is safe to use directly from plant or you can buy its products from the market.
Know the top 13 magical Aloe Vera benefits here:
1. Dry Skin: Aloe Vera keeps your skin clear and hydrated.
How to use Aloe Vera for dry skin: Cut the fresh Aloe Vera leaves and scoop out the interior gel in a bowl, add a pinch of turmeric, teaspoon of milk, teaspoon of honey, a few drops of rose water. Blend this to paste. Now, apply it and leave in for about 20 minutes or so.
2. Dead Skin: Aloe Vera heals damaged skin. You can use Aloe Vera scrub to remove dead skins.
How to use Aloe Vera scrub: Mix a half cup of Aloe Vera gel, a cup of sugar, add two tablespoons of lemon juice. Stir the mixture and use it to scrub your face (and body). While sugar helps to exfoliate and scrub off dead skin, Aloe Vera will deep clean the skin. Lemon helps to fade out scars and tan. You can also use a mixture of fresh Aloe Vera gel, sugar coconut oil, green tea leaves to remove dead skin.
3. Cuts: Ayurveda refers to this water-dense leaves as the miracle herb, herb that can be used to treat wounds, minor cuts, dry skin and severe burns. Aloe Vera leave has special plant compounds called complex carbohydrates, which makes it an effective face moisturizer and pain reliever.
How to use Aloe Vera to heal wounds: Blend the freshly cut aloe vera gel with honey then freeze it. Using the frozen Aloe Vera mix, rub on the wound. Aloe vera and honey improve wound healing.
4. Acne: To treat acne, use Aloe Vera gel with blended walnuts and honey. Aloe Vera’s healing properties coupled with anti-oxidants from honey gives you smooth and clear skin.
5. Sensitive Skin: Blend fresh Aloe Vera gel with cucumber juice, yogurt and rose oil to a paste. Apply it on the face and leave for 15 to 20 minutes, then rinse it off.
6. Open Pores: To get rid of that ugly open pores on the face, mix fresh Aloe Vera gel with rose water, sugar and lemon. Apply the mixture with cotton wipes on the affected area.
7. Wrinkles: Take a fresh Aloe Vera gel, blend it well with yogurt, honey and spirulina. Apply this facemask once in a week to reduce fine lines and wrinkles. You can also use fresh Aloe Vera gel to get rid of stretch marks. Simply, peel the Aloe Vera leaves and rub the gel on the marks daily to get rid of the ugly stretch marks.
8. Hair Loss: Aloe Vera contains proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. It promotes hair growth, reduces dandruff and prevents itching on the scalp. Natural vitamins help to restore hair loss.
How to use Aloe Vera to reduce hair loss: Cut fresh Aloe Vera leaves, using a spoon collects the gel, add yogurt, banana, vitamin E and blend well. Apply it on the scalp and hairs and let it sit for an hour. Repeat this process twice or thrice a week.
9. Dry Hair: Aloe Vera helps to condition hair and give smooth and shiny hair.
How to use: Cut the fresh Aloe Vera leaves into equal halves, dice the fresh Aloe Vera gel vertically and horizontally, to make the gel more pulpy. Take the two sliced leaves and apply on the hair to get silky smooth hair.
10. Want Thicker Eyelashes? Use Aloe Vera and olive oil paste to make your eyelashes look thicker and longer.
How: Mix fresh Aloe Vera gel and olive oil, apply on the eyelashes with mascara brush to see the amazing results.
11. Dry Lips: Take a cotton wipe, pour Aloe Vera gel on it, leave the wipe on the lips for five minutes and wipe. The dryness in the skin will vanish, giving you smooth lips.
12. Foundation too shiny? Mix the foundation with Aloe Vera gel, apply on the face with a sponge for a beautiful glowing skin.
13. Aloe Vera drink: If you are feeling weak and exhausted, take an Aloe Vera drink.
How to make Aloe Vera drink: Scoop out fresh aloe vera gel, put it in a glass, add a slice of lemon, add sparkling water to give you the needed energy boost.
Try these amazing tricks to see the magic of your favorite potted plant.