District administration of Tamu, Myanmar, Kyaw Win Oo, stated in a letter to the deputy commissioner of Tengnoupal that the Indo-Myanmar border Gate No.1 and Gate no.2 will remain closed till February 28.
Around 70 per cent of the 443-km Meghalaya-Bangladesh border has been fenced, with the BSF directing the construction agency to expedite the erection of fencing on the remaining 30 per cent
As the National Highway-306 is blocked over the Assam-Mizoram border tension, Mizoram decided to transport essential items from Manipur.
India is unlikely to resort to any physical action against China, but if conflict starts in SCS, China may resort to more physical action against India to ease pressure. For such a scenario India must be prepared and be ready for massive retaliation or pre-emptive strike as part of offensive defence.