Nagaland extends lockdown for 15 more days from July 1
Meanwhile, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Nagaland increased to 451 as 17 more COVID-19 positive cases were reported from Tuensang quarantine centre.
The Nagaland cabinet on Monday decided to extend the ongoing lockdown in the state till July 15 after reviewing the existing lockdown measures. The decision was taken at a meeting held on Monday after being briefed by the Health Department and the Home Department on the COVID -19 situation in the state.
According to an official statement, an order has been issued accordingly issued.
"The existing guidelines with regard to the lockdown in all parts of the state issued by an order on May 4, subject to relaxations issued by subsequent order on June 10 regarding opening of religious places/places of worship for public, and the order on June 20 regarding plying of local taxis and auto rickshaws in the border sub-divisions; shall continue to remain operative in Nagaland till 15th July 2020," it stated.
Meanwhile, the total number of COVID-19 positive cases in Nagaland increased to 451 as 17 more COVID-19 positive cases were reported from Tuensang quarantine centre, state Health Minister S Pangnyu Phom tweeted on Monday evening. Of the total 451 confirmed cases, 283 are active cases while 168 patients have recovered from COVID-19, the minister said.
"17 fresh positive cases of COVID-19 have detected in Tuensang QC," the health minister tweeted.
Nagaland has so far sent a total of 11,661 samples for testing. Of them, 7,868 samples have been received at the BSL-3 lab at the Naga Hospital Authority Kohima (NHAK) and a total of 7,637 samples have been tested out of which 360 samples tested positive.
Altogether 4,897 samples have been tested by Truenat, of which 85 samples tested positive and sent for confirmation by RT-PCR, the statement said while adding that 5,181 persons are presently under Facility Quarantine.