The Mizoram government is taking stringent steps and has announced a set of regulations to prevent the spread of coronavirus or COVID-19 in the state, according to a statement on Thursday.
The government on Wednesday announced ‘The Mizoram Epidemic (COVID-19) Regulations, 2020’ in the entire state, the statement said.
Following are the COVID-19 regulations announced by the Mizoram government
1. Any person, who returned from coronavirus-affected region in the past 28 days, must report to government-designated screening points. He or she will be put under quarantine at a designated isolation facility
2. During the quarantine period, the person must strictly follow the government regulations and call state helpline number in case he has a health complaint.
3. Any person, who has a complaint of coronavirus like symptoms must call state helpline number-102 (toll-free), 0389-2318336/ 0389-2323336.
4. Any information related to the virus should not be taken authentic unless otherwise given by state health principal director and nodal officer of Integrated Disease Surveillance Programme (IDSP)
5. No private laboratories are authorized to take or test samples for coronavirus and the government will set up sample collection centres as circumstance demands.
6. Any violation or failure to comply with the regulations will invite legal punishment under section 188 of the Indian Penal Code.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Zoramthanga said at a review meeting on Thursday that the government has allocated adequate funds for prevention of the coronavirus spread. A meeting of the council of ministers was held to review the measures taken up by the state government in view of the coronavirus pandemic.