How to make your old leather sofa look as good as new
If you have a good quality leather sofa, it hardly wears off and is always in trend.
Leather sofa exudes warmth and comfort in a house or a place. Beige or brown, black or blue, leather sofa never really become old as they do not fade like fabric upholstery and continue to retain their colour till they wear off. If you have a good quality leather sofa, it hardly wears off and is always in trend. But if your sofa is beginning to look old, here's what you can do to keep it looking as beautiful and good as new. It doesn't take much effort. All it needs is a little care and cleaning it the right way.
Doing things the right way can go a long way. So keep these few simple household tips in mind to keep your old leather sofa look as good as new, without having to spend on expensive cleaners and conditioners.
Five simple tips to make your old leather sofa look as good as new
1. First thing, check for label instructions or direction on maintenance. Get two to three pieces of clean and soft flannel cloth and a soft brush. Also, get a little bit of detergent and oil, and vinegar to remove stains on the sofa if any.
2. Brush away all dirt from the crevices, seams and corners of the sofa with the soft brush.
3. Using a piece of soft and dry flannel cloth, wipe the surface area clean of all dust and dirt.
4. Wipe the surface clean with a clean and damp soapy cloth. You may add a small amount of oil to the detergent liquid but do not wet the cloth. Dampen it just enough to wipe all over the surface of the sofa to get the sheen back on the sofa.
5. Make sure you don't leave behind a wet or oily sofa. After the cleaning is done, wipe it all over again with another dry piece of cloth to ensure the sofa is clean and dry. Repeat the steps every once in a week or two.