Manipur's COVID-19 positivity rate rises to 8 pc
As many as 234 more people tested positive for COVID-19 and one succumbed to the disease in Manipur on Sunday.
Barely a day after the state witnessed a drop in the daily COVID-19 positivity rate of 5.8 per cent, it rose to eight per cent as 234 of the 2,912 samples tested in the last 24 hours were confirmed COVID-19 positive, according to the latest update by the state health department on Sunday.
The cumulative number of COVID-19 positive cases in Manipur climbed to 1,18,495, while the death toll mounted to 1,831 with one more fatalities reported from Imphal West and the person was not vaccinated, according to a release issued by the state COVID-19 Common Control Room.
Imphal West and Imphal East continued to report the highest number of new COVID-19 cases with 99 and 65 positive cases respectively. Sixteen cases were reported each from Bishnupur, 18 from Kamjong, nine from Churachandpur, six each from Senapati and Thoubal, five each from Chandel and Ukhrul, two from Kakching and one each from Kangpokpi, Tamenglong and Tengnoupal.
All necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place, it stated.
The state also recorded new 475, taking the cumulative number taking the cumulative number of recovered cases to 1,14,475. The recovery rate is 96.61 per cent, the release added.
Manipur now has 2,189 COVID-19 active cases, as per the release.
As per the latest update, the total number of people who have been administered vaccine had reached 16,25,805 (first dose: 12,14,099 and second dose: 4,11,706).
According to the release, there are 435 vacant general beds and 112 ICU/HDU beds of COVID-19 in eight hospitals of Manipur.
1. In MSF, Little flower School (Contact No. 9311222947), there are 23 vacant general beds and seven ICU/HDU beds.
2. In CMC, Koirengei (Contact No. 9612636004/9612905628), there are 27 vacant general beds and six ICU/HDU beds.
3. In Iboyaima Hospital, Singjamei (Contact No.7005436870/ 9612022125), there are 27 vacant general beds and three ICU/HDU beds.
4. In Jivan Hospital, Kakching (Contact No. 9366034272/ 7085348366), there are 20 vacant general beds and five ICU/HDU beds
5. In Shija Hospital (Contact No. 7005097688/7005125158), there are 36 vacant general beds and 37 ICU/HDU beds.
6. In Raj Medicity (Contact No.7005105552/9366496411), there are 75 vacant general beds and 23 ICU/HDU beds.
7. In RIMS (Contact No. 7640862396), there are 189 vacant general beds and 22 ICU/HDU beds and in JNIMS (Contact No. 8131855346), there are 39 general beds and nine ICU/HDU, it mentioned.