Nagaland Unlock 6: Schools to reopen for classes V-X from October 1
Check out the list of permitted activities under Unlock 6 in Nagaland
The Nagaland government on Thursday issued directives for 'Unlock 6' by extending its existing lockdown measures for two more weeks till September 30 with further relaxations, including reopening of from Class V to X, official sources said.
The decision to enforce Unlock-6 from September 17 to September 30 was taken after a review meeting of the High Powered Committee (HPC) on COVID-19 held on September 13, Nagaland chief secretary J Alam stated in an order on Thursday.
Check out what's allowed in Unlock 6:
- Regular classes in all the schools in the rural areas of the state for the students of Class V to Class X will be allowed with 50 per cent attendance, and adherence to all the provisions of the SOP to be issued by the Home department. As for the urban areas of the state, all the schools for the students of Class V to Class X will be allowed to open for regular classes, with 50 per cent attendance with effect from October 1 subject to the adherence of all the provisions as contained in the SOP to be issued by the Home department.
- 100 per cent attendance permitted in all the government offices subject to adherence to COVID-19 appropriate behaviour, and fulfillment of the requirements for vaccination or testing for attendance in office.
- Offline classes for the Polytechnics for the session July-December will be allowed to open subject to compliance to the provisions of the SOP and the addendum for re-opening of colleges and technical institutions for conduct of regular classes for students, as applicable.
- Swimming pools and cinemas will be allowed to open with 50 per cent capacity, and subject to adherence to COVID-19 appropriate behavior.
- Night Curfew to be relaxed by one hour, and it will be in force from 9 pm to 4 am
- The respective District Task Forces (DTFs) will decide on the timings for opening of shops and other business establishments within their respective jurisdictions, and may allow beyond the existing permitted time (6 am to 6 pm), up till the time for night curfew.
- Dates from which the re-opening of government offices, schools, swimming pools and cinemas will be notified in the SOPs concerned will be issued by the Home department shortly.
- DTFs can consider imposing stricter measures or rolling back certain relaxations in specified areas in the district, if an exceptional situation arises, and the DTF is satisfied that such measures are necessary under intimation to the government.