Now book COVID-19 vaccination slot on WhatsApp: Here's how
Check out how to book vaccine slot via WhatsApp.
WhatsApp users can now locate the nearest vaccination centre and book a vaccine slot using the messaging app.
"Paving a new era of citizen convenience. Now, book COVID-19 vaccine slots easily on your phone within minutes. Send ‘Book Slot’ to MyGovIndia Corona Helpdesk on WhatsApp. Verify OTP," Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya tweeted along with a link on Tuesday.
Until now, users had to book the vaccination slot through the CoWIN’s website.
Whatsapp Inc chief executive officer Will Cathcart also said in a tweet that the instant messaging platform is partnering with the Union Health and Family Welfare Ministry and the Government of India to enable people to book vaccine appointments via WhatsApp.
"Today we’re partnering with @MoHFW_INDIA and @mygovindia to enable people to make their vaccine appointments via WhatsApp. Spread the word: https://wa.me/919013151515," Cathcart tweeted.
Follow these steps to book a vaccine slot on Whatsapp:
1. Save the contact number 9013151515 on phone
2. Type “Book Slot” and send it to 9013151515 on WhatsApp.
3. Enter the six-digit one-time password (OTP) received on the respective mobile phone number via SMS.
4. The bot will display the names of individuals registered on the CoWIN website.
5. Enter the number of the individual to book a vaccination slot.
6. Tap on "Search by Pincode" and enter your area's pincode.
7. Choose preferred date and location, basis pincode and vaccine type.