Manipur continues to log double digit COVID-19 fatalities, death toll mounts to 1,606
At least 14 more patients succumbed to COVID-19 in Manipur on Wednesday.
Manipur on Wednesday recorded 765 new COVID-19 positive cases, pushing the state's tally to 1,01,390 while the death toll mounted to 1,606 with 14 more fatalities, according to the latest update by the state health department.
Of the 14 COVID-19 fatalities recorded on Wednesday, four deaths were reported from Imphal West, two each from Churachandpur, Kangpokpi and Kakching, and one fatality each from Imphal East, Bishnupur, Ukhrul and Chandel, according to a release issued by State COVID-19 Common Control Room.
Of the 14 deaths, 10 persons had co-morbidities and only three of them were vaccinated with first dose, the release stated.
Imphal West and Imphal East continued to report the highest number of new COVID-19 cases with 285 and 149 cases respectively. One-hundred from Bishnupur, 51 from Thoubal, 22 from Kakching, 65 from Churachandpur, 19 from Tamenglong, 16 each from Chandel and Kangpokpi, 11 from Kamjong, eight from Senapati, seven from Tengnoupal, six from Pherzawl, five from Ukhrul, two from Jiribam and one from Noney.
All necessary medical precautionary measures like containment and contact tracing are in place, it stated.
The state also recorded 1,226 new recoveries in a span of 24 hours, taking the cumulative number of recovered cases to 90,769 as of Wednesday. The recovery rate is 89.52 per cent, the release added.
Manipur now has 9,015 COVID-19 active cases, as per the release.
Meanwhile, a total of 2,259 D-type Oxygen Cylinders and 363 B-type Oxygen cylinders have been made available to different health institutions and health facilities of Manipur in the last 24 hours.
As per the latest update, the total number of people who have been administered vaccine reached 13,47,537 (first dose: 11,23,637 and second dose: 2,23,900) till date.
Number of vacant beds in seven hospitals of Manipur
According to the release, there are 102 vacant general beds and 31 ICU/HDU beds of COVID-19 in seven hospitals of Manipur.
1. In ILAND Hospital (Contact No. 9540404955/ 7085206820) - there are 15 general beds.
2. MSF, Little flower School (Contact No. 9311222947) - there are four ICU/HDU beds
3. CMC, Koirengei (Contact No. 9612636004/9612905628) - there are 27 vacant general beds and three ICU/HDU beds
4. Iboyaima Hospital, Singjamei (Contact No.7005436870/ 9612022125) - there are 11 vacant general beds
5. Jivan Hospital, Kakching (Contact No. 9366034272/ 7085348366) - there are 13 vacant general beds and six ICU/HDU beds
6. Shija Hospital (Contact No. 7005097688/7005125158) - there are three vacant general beds and eight ICU/HDU beds
7. Raj Medicity (Contact No.7005105552/9366496411) - there are 33 vacant general beds and 10 ICU/HDU beds, it mentioned.
Community Home Isolation Centres
For information about CHIC (Community Home Isolation Centres), the general public can contact deputy director of Health and CHIC (in-charge) Dr L Somorendro at mobile phone number: 9402723243, the release added.
According to a release issued from DIPR, of the total 3,547 beds available in all the district Covid Care Centres of Manipur, the total number of vacant beds as on Wednesday are 1,811.
The vacant beds in Imphal East (Bal Bhawan, NSU, Standard College, AYUSH Hospital) are 122, 451 in Imphal West(LKK, RD Wing, MU Hostels, NIT), 194 in Thoubal, 63 in Bishnupur, 45 in Kakching, 72 in Churachandpur, 24 in Pherzawal, 200 in Senapati, 15 in Tengnoupal, 53 in Jiribam, 31 in Noney, 52 in Kangpokpi, 237 in Tamenglong, 21 in Chandel, 60 in Ukhrul and 171 in Kamjong, it mentioned.