Manipur government tightens restrictions in Senapati
Villages and colonies may decide to prevent entry of citizens and villagers from COVID-19 affected villages and places.
The Manipur government on Wednesday issued new restriction order, taking into account further measures of precautions required to contain the spread of COVID-19 within the district of Senapati and in view of the order issued by the Home department on Monday.
The government order issued in view of the worsening COVID-19 condition was signed and issued by district magistrate Mahesh Chaudhari.
Following are the restrictions as per the new government order.
1. Residents of Senapati district should not travel to the districts where curfew is imposed namely Imphal East, Imphal West, Kakching, Thoubal, Churachandpur Ukhrul and Bishnupur,
2. Villages and colonies may take its own decision to prevent entry of citizens and villagers from those villages and others where there are COVID-19 cases.
3. To encourage villagers for vaccination in the nearest vaccination centers and inform the medical team in case of contact tracing.
4. Villages and colonies where there are no COVID cases presently may display COVID FRee signboards at a significant point; and should continue their effort to maintain COVID Free with the help of SDOs, SDPOs and medical officers concerned.
5. Villages located along the Highways, State Roads and District Roads, except for emergency purposes and for those passengers travelling on foot, they shall halt in other villages only with the consent of the villages.
6. Agriculture related activities and movement of cultivators are allowed in the villages with strict adherence to Covid-19 SOPs.
7. The containment orders issued on May 12 (for Senapati Headquarter, Maram Town area ,Tadubi Town area and Mao Town area) will remain as it is. The orders shall come into immediate effect and shall be effective until further orders, it added.