Three food stalls, three clothing shops gutted by fire in Churachandpur market
Materials worth more than Rs 60 lakh were destroyed in the fire.
Three food stalls and three traditional clothing shops at Tuibong Bazaar in Churachandpur were gutted in a fire that broke out around 1:30 am Friday. Materials worth more than Rs 60 lakh were destroyed in the fire.
According to the Manipur Fire Service, Sub-Station Churachandpur, the information about the incident was received at 2:32 am through their official helpline number. Soon after, a team rushed to the spot of fire incident assisted by Moirang Fire Brigade team at around 3:30 am as one of the vehicles of the sub-station got malfunctioned.
The team doused the fire at around 6 am with additional help from the water tanker provided by BSF/STC and Churachandpur police.
Reportedly, no one was injured in the fire incident. However, the ground floor of the building owned by one DP Haokip was fully destroyed after a gas cylinder exploded at the adjacent food stall run by a tenant of the building. The fire is suspected to have occurred due to electrical short circuit.