Massive fire gutted house in Chandel
The fire caused loss of properties worth more than Rs 1 crore at Chandel Khullen under Chandel police station on Sunday.
A house was completely gutted by a fire and destroyed properties worth more than Rs 1 crore at Chandel Khullen under Chandel police station on Sunday at around 11.45 am.
The ill-fated owner was one T Lalpu Kom from Chandel Khullen. The family members were informed that an electric short circuit may be the origin of the fire.
Several household properties, including Rs 25 lakh in cash, important documents such as land records and paddy field records, educational certificates etc. were turned into ashes. Tthere was no report of injuries, police said.