India declares 18 more individuals as terrorists under UAPA, 1967
All the 18 names are listed in the Fourth Schedule of UAPA 1967
Reinforcing zero tolerance towards terrorism, the Central government on Tuesday declared 18 more individuals declared as terrorists under the provisions of the amended Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act (UAPA), 1967, the Union Home Ministry said.
The names of the newly declared 18 terrorists included several LeT leaders and all are Pakistan based. All the 18 names are listed in the Fourth Schedule of UAPA 1967, the ministry said in a release on Tuesday.
The Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967 was amended in August 2019 to include the provision of designating an individual as a terrorist. Prior to this amendment, only organizations could be designated as terrorist organizations.
By invoking the said amended provision, the Union Government designated four individuals in September, 2019 and nine individuals in July, 2020 as terrorists.
The Home Ministery stated that all the 18 individuals designated as terrorists are involved in various acts of terrorism from across the border and have been relentless in their nefarious efforts of destabilizing the country. Their names and details are listed below.
1. Sajid Mir @ Sajid Majeed @ Ibrahim Shah @ Wasi @ Khali @ Muhammad Waseem, Pakistan based top LeT Commander and was one of the main planners of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack.
2. Yusuf Muzammil @ Ahmad Bhai @ Yousuf Muzammil Butt @ Hurreira Bhai, Pakistan based Commander of LeT operations in Jammu & Kashmir and accused in the 26/11 Mumbai Terror attack.
3. Abdur Rehman Makki @ Abdul Rehman Makki, Brother-in-law of Hafiz Saeed, Chief LeT and Head of LeT political affairs and served as Head of LeT's foreign relations department.
4. Shahid Mehmood @ Shahid Mehmood Rehmatullah, Pakistan based Deputy Chief of proscribed organization Falah-i-lnsaniyat Foundation (FIF), a frontal organisation of terror organisation Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT).
5. Farhatullah Ghori @ Abu Sufiyan @ Sardar Sahab @ Faru, Pakistan-based terrorist and was involved in attack on Akshardham Temple (2002) and Suicide attack on Task Force office in Hyderabad (2005).
6. Abdul Rauf Asghar @ Mufti @ Mufti Asghar @ Saad baba @ Maulana Mufti Rauf Asghar, Pakistan-based terrorist, involved in Setting up of training camps in Pakistan for recruitment and militant training and Key conspirator in the terrorist attack (13.12.2001) on the Indian Parliament House, New Delhi.
7. Ibrahim Athar @ Ahmed AliMohd. Ali Shaikh @ JavedAmjad Siddiqui @ A.A. Shaikh@ Chief Pakistan-based terrorist, involved in the hijacking of the Indian Airlines Flight No. lC-814 on Dec. 24, 1999, (Kandhar hijacking case) and also the key conspirator in the Indian Parliament terrorist attack (13.12.2001).
8. Yusuf Azhar @ Azhar Yusuf @ Mohd. Salim, Pakistan-based terrorist, involved in the hijacking of the Indian Airlines Flight No. lC-814 on Dec. 24, 1999 (Kandhar hijacking case).
9. Shahid Latif @ Chota Shahid Bhai @ Noor Al Din, Pakistan-based terrorist and JeM’s Commander of Sialkot sector, involved in launching of JeM terrorists into India. He is also involved in planning, facilitation and execution of terror attacks in India.
10. Syed Mohammad Yusuf Shah @ Syed Salahudeen @ Peer Sahab @ Buzurg, Pakistan-based, Supreme Commander of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen and Chairman, United Jihad Council (UJC) Involved in fund raising and routing finances to India for furtherance of terrorist activities by HM cadres.
11. Ghulam Nabi Khan @ Amir Khan @ Saifullah Khalid @ Khalid Saifullah @ Jawaad @ Daand, Pakistan-based, Deputy Supreme of Hizbul Mujahideen (HM).
12. Zaffar Hussain Bhat @ Khursheed @ Mohd. Zafar Khan @ Moulvi @ Khursheed Ibrahim, Pakistan-based, Dy Chief, Hizbul Mujahideen and also handles financial affairs of Hizbul Mujahideen. Responsible for sending funds for HM operatives in the Kashmir Valley.
13. Riyaz Ismail Shahbandri @ Shah Riyaz Ahmed @ Riyaz Bhatkal @ Md. Riyaz @ Ahmed Bhai @ Rasool Khan @ Roshan Khan @ Aziz, Pakistan-based, Founder member of terrorist organization “Indian Mujahideen”. Involved in various terrorist acts in India including German Bakery (2010), Chinnaswami Stadium, Bangalore (2010) , Jama Masjid (2010), Sheetlaghat (2010) and Mumbai (2011) etc.
14. Md. Iqbal @ Shabandri Mohammed Iqbal @ Iqbal Bhatkal, Pakistan-based Co-founder of the terrorist organization, Indian Mujahideen (IM). Involved in terror financing and various terrorist acts including Jaipur Serial Blasts (2008), Delhi Serial Blasts (2008), Serial Blasts of Ahmedabad and Surat (2008), German Bakery Blast, Pune of (2010) and Chinnaswami Stadium, Bengaluru Blasts (2010) etc.
15. Shaikh Shakeel @ Chhota Shakeel, Pakistan based Associates of Dawood Ibrahim, looks after all criminal and underworld operations of D-Company. Finances D-Company operatives of India. Involved in the smuggling of firearms to Gujarat, India, during 1993.
16. Mohammad Anis Shaikh, Pakistan based terrorist, involved in Bombay Bomb Blast Case, 1993 and responsible for the supply of arms, ammunition and hand grenades.
17. Ibrahim Memon @ Tiger Memon @ Mushtaq @ Sikander @ Ibrahim Abdul Razak Memon @ Mustafa @ Ismail, Pakistan-based terrorist, hatched the criminal conspiracy of the Bombay Bomb Blast Case.
18. Javed Chikna @ Javed Dawood Tailor, Pakistan-based Associate of Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar, involved in Bombay Bomb Blast case, 1993.